Last updated:14 June 2021
This Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) describes how Hearst Health Middle East, Inc. and its affiliates (“FDB ”, “we”, “our” or “us”) handle personal information obtained in connection with the operation of the FDB UK website available at www.fdbhealth.info linking to this Notice (the “Site”). This Notice describes how we can use the information we obtain and with whom we may share it. The Site is made available for informational and research purposes and is intended for users acting in a professional capacity.
This Notice does not describe the privacy practices of FDB in relation to personal information about patients or other individuals we obtain on behalf of our clients through FDB products and services.
Our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements. Specific privacy notices may apply in certain countries or regions. Please visit the webpage of the specific country or region to learn more about our privacy practices in relation to that country or region, as well as available products and services.
WHAT INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
FDB obtains different types of information, including personal information, when you use the Site. This information may be provided by you directly, such as when you complete a form on the Site, it may be automatically collected from your browser or mobile device using technologies such as cookies, or it may be obtained from other sources.
Information we collect directly from you:
We ask you to provide your information when you use the Site, such as when you complete a Contact Us form. You may not be able to use certain features if you choose not to submit the requested information.
The information you give us may include details such as:
· Contact information (e.g., name, email address, company name and address).
· Demographic and interests information (e.g., region and industry sector).
· Other information you choose to share with us (e.g., when you provide information through the “Message” box in the “Contact Us” form).
· Transactional and activity information (e.g., when you download our research documents or other assets).
Information automatically collected:
Information we obtain from other sources:
We combine information we obtain through the Site with other information we may have about you, including information obtained offline. If you are a representative of an FDB client or potential FDB client, we may obtain information about you from your organisation, for example, through the contract negotiation process or for billing and other administrative purposes. We may obtain your information if you attend an industry conference or event or provide us with your business card. We also obtain information from social media channels and third-party data providers.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
FDB UK uses the information we obtain in connection with the operation of the Site for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Making the Site available and providing you with information or materials you may request.
- Communicating with you by email and other means, including sending marketing and promotional communications.
- Improving the Site and the services we provide and customizing the user experience.
- Generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Site and our offerings.
LEGAL BASES FOR USING INFORMATION
We process personal information obtained in connection with the operation of the Site for different purposes (as described in the “How We Use Information We Obtain” section, above) on the following legal bases:
· To pursue our legitimate interests. We process your information to meet our legitimate interests when we use your information to provide you with the Site, to communicate with you and for our advertising and marketing purposes. For example, our legitimate interests include making improvements to, customising and understanding how you interact with the Site and sending you communications about products and services we think may be of interest to you. To accomplish our legitimate interests, we may share your information with our affiliates and service providers (including for our advertising and marketing purposes) and in the context of a corporate transaction. We maintain safeguards to protect the information we process to pursue our legitimate interests.
· To comply with our legal obligations. We process and share your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations when we use your information to protect our rights or the rights of others and when we share your information with other parties where required by law or as necessary to protect our rights.
· With your consent. We obtain your consent to process your information when we are required to do so by law. If consent is the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section above.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE INFORMATION
FDB UK shares the information we obtain:
- With our affiliates and subsidiaries.
- With our business partners.
- With third parties that provide services or handle transactions on our behalf.
- As we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend our legal rights, the privacy or safety of our employees, users of the Site or other individuals and entities, or to comply with or enforce applicable law or legal process, including responding to court orders, warrants, subpoenas and other requests from public and government authorities.
We also reserve the right to transfer any of the information, including personal information, we have about you to proceed with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, such as in the event of a merger, acquisition or other disposition, or in connection with a bankruptcy reorganisation, dissolution, or liquidation; and we may share your information with third parties when you consent to or request such sharing.
HOW WE PROTECT AND STORE YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the personal information we obtain through the Site. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we make reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will keep your personal information obtained through the Site for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we retain your personal information for a period of time that enables us to:
· Maintain business records for analysis, understanding market trends and/or audit purposes and to improve the Site.
· Comply with record retention requirements under applicable laws or other relevant legal or regulatory requirements.
· Defend, establish, exercise or bring any existing or potential legal claims.
· Carry out fraud detection and prevention.
· Deal with any complaints regarding the Site, our products and services.
YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In certain circumstances, you have a right to access or object to the use of personal information we hold about you in relation to your use of the Site (including in relation to direct marketing). You can also ask us to rectify, update, erase, restrict or to share such information in a usable format with another company. Such requests are subject to applicable law.
We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section below. We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honour your requests.
You can unsubscribe from marketing and promotional communications and newsletters by clicking on the unsubscribe link in each email.
To learn more about your rights in relation to interest-based advertising on your browser, including your choice to opt out, please review our Cookies Policy.
Third-Party Links and Features
The Site may contain links to third-party websites, mobile apps or features, including through social media features and widgets. FDB UK is not responsible for the collection or use of your information by such third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy policies or other similar statements applicable to third-party websites, mobile apps or features.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
In certain circumstances, your personal information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) that do not have similar data protection laws. When FDB transfers your personal information from the EEA or Switzerland to a non-EEA country, we rely on appropriate legal mechanisms, including Standard Contractual Clauses or your consent. For more information about the safeguards we use, please contact us using the details listed at the end of this Notice.
The Site is not directed to, nor does FDB knowingly collect personal information from, children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us as indicated below.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We update this Notice from time to time to reflect changes in our privacy practices or applicable laws. Where changes to this Notice have a fundamental impact on the nature of the processing or otherwise have a substantial impact on you, we will give you advanced notice so that you have the opportunity to exercise your rights (e.g. to object to the processing). We will publish the updated version on the Site and indicate at the top of the Notice when it was most recently updated. Your use of the Site will be governed by the then-current version of the Notice.
If you have any questions about this Notice or, in accordance with applicable laws, you would like to review or request changes to the information collected in connection with your use of the Site, please contact us at email@example.com.